Sunday 13 March 2011

Sunday Stampers Challenge " Brown "

Yipee !


At last ! I am moving from my black period into............brown.

For the past week I have been stuck in silhouette mode , everything I did was black , but thanks to Hels

 over at Sunday Stampers pinkleart.blogspot.com  
all that has changed. The theme this Sunday is brown and boy am I glad . It's just the challenge I needed , I was beginning to wonder how it would all end.

My stamped image is from Crafty Individuals,  I used Ranger distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo, I distressed the edges of the card with SU Soft Suede and backed this onto some lovely silk and velvet fabric I have in my ( what is jokingly referred to as my stash ) added a piece of ribbon in brown of course and voila ! A lot of brown.

I only hope now that I don't get stuck in well... erm a brown phase !



Marie x

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Marie, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... hoping you don't get stuck in brown now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL beautiful card never knew Brown could look so good. Brown and Pink work well if you need weaning LOL XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the use of the fabric :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artwork is lovely, Marie!
    I especially love the B---eautiful Card :)
    I am glad you are feeling rejuvinated!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty - I love all shades of brown :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shades of brown and loving the effect of the distress embossing powder. Have a great week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background effect really makes the brown pop on this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Marie! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks lovely in shades of brown, love vintage looking images
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shades of brown, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your blog Marie and this card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the color you chose for the photo stamp couldn't be better. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card!!......the fabric is scrumptious...works perfectly with the stamp!
    check your email!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card love the idea of fabric :O0 Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I don't mind your being stuck into a brown phase as long as you have so nice monochromatic results! This is a very nice card and I really don't think that you run any "danger"...! Thanks for passing by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie I have left a little surprise for you on my blog. Go check it out. Cheers..Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice card!you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete