Wednesday 18 January 2012

Get Creative Card Challenge " Use Die Cuts and or Punches "

Good morning from a freezing cold Thessaloniki !

Over at Get Creative we are having a card and scrapbooking fest for the whole of January with each member of the design team setting their own challenge. The winners who will be chosen by the relevant DT member will be our guest designers for the month of March  giving us all the month off !!. All of the entries will also be placed into the  random generator thingy and the overall winner will receive a fabulous prize from our sponsor this month Sfragidomania

The theme I have chosen is to use die cuts or punches anywhere your heart desires on your card. Here are my DT Pieces.
My trusty Silhouette made most of this card for me , well I did help a little. The base , flower and doily plus the sentiment all got the Silhouette touch and just the base of the labels was cut with my spellbinders die no 14 . 



For this next one although not a card could be easily adapted. I made a paper frame which I edged with velvet ribbon and lace, the large flower was cut with Spellbinders circles and TH tattered leaves die. the centre of the flower and the embellishment on the top of the card  and are made from Fimo. I first made  silicone molds filled them with white Fimo ( the air drying light type ) and when dry I lightly rubbed  gold ink across them . The heart is also made from Fimo but I used a cookie cutter in this case and stamped it with my fave SU swirly stamp.  I must say I am having so much fun making these silicone molds but that's  a whole other post ! The ballerina the corner edge and the top of the card where made with my Silhouette.





 I do like my close ups !

I would also  like to link these to Papertake Weekly, one of my dear blogging friends Katina ( one of the nicest ladies you could ever possibly meet ) is on the DT here and have been wanting to take part in one of their challenges for ages their challenge is to use Buttons, Bows Bling and Blooms or a combination thereof .


I was having so much fun playing with my die cuts that I got carried away so here are a few non DT pieces I made.
This a little stationary set I made with my Silhouette which folds flat into the envelope then pops up once removed,  inside is a little card on which you can write a little note

This a little stationary set I made with my Silhouette which folds flat into the envelope then pops up once removed,  inside is a card on which you can right your message


Last of all a little paper lantern made with ...yes you've guessed it made with my Silhouette, can you tell I love it ! All this though without the aid of my pokey tool which has done a runner !! Believe you me trying to get those fiddly bits out with the aid of a tooth pick is a little tiresome to say the least. So if anyone has seen the little blighter and am mentioning no names ARI  (  well obviously I am my sixteen year old ) please return it or there will be no gigging this weekend !!!

I do hope I have inspired you a little to take part in this challenge but if its not for you please pop over to Get Creative there are so many super  challenges going on this month that I'm sure you will find one to your liking. You have up until the 31st of the month to upload your entry and don't forget the winner of my challenge will take my place in March.

So have fun and get Creative.

Right am off into the cold to go to work brrr

Take care 

Marie




46 comments:

  1. καλημερα γλυκια μου..τι ειναι αυτα που εκανες..υπεροχα ολα..τρελαθηκα με τα σχεδια που εκανες στο χαρτι..τελοια..καλη συνεχεια..πολλα γλυκα φιλια

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow hun these are super creative,your detail is just brilliant loving all the different styles and attention to detail hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, Wow! Fantastic work. Love all of these projects especially the ballerina. Could you use the paper lattern as a bird cage? Inspiring projects as always.
      Regards Florence x
      Sorry for tagging on to a reply.

      Delete
  3. wow what fabulous projects you really do love your machine don't you, I have a robo which I don't use as much as I should but I'm sure I'm not the only one guilty of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you certainly have a lot of die cuts Marie and you have put them to beautiful use. Loving all your wonderful projects. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work, Marie! I was thinking about purchasing a silhouette but I wasn't sure... seeing your creations I realise it is a very good buy!!!! Excellent projects, you are such an inspiration to all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my .. what fabulous projects .. i love the yellpow and black colour combo and i adore the lantern... i just love lanterns of any shape or size or design!!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie, Beautiful creations, as always. I was so pleased to hear that you had finally got your Cameo back. I hope it's behaving and you're having fun designing and playing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A creative whirlwind my friend.
    All beautiful but it will come as no surprise that I am zooming right into the paper frame. A fabulous idea.
    So wonderful to see you creating so much art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am loving that ballerina Marie, reminds me of a musical box and yes, when you've got the time - how on earth do you make silicone molds!? Beautiful creations as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing collection of things Marie, a real feast for the eyes.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marie,

    You have been busy! Beautiful creations. I think my fave (for today) is the yellow and black card, super duper colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love the little paper lantern

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work again Marie! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Υπέροχη, υπέροχη, υπέροχη δουλειά!!! Όλα είναι κυριολεκτικά ένα κι ένα!!! Καλό βράδυ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, Marie, you have been busy - such a lot of beautiful projects. The black flower on the first is superb and I do like the ballerina frame is fabulous with another terrific flower. Look forward to seeing what you next come up with. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. All wonderful creations Marie but my eye is very drawn to the yellow one...lovely sunshine colour which looks even more striking with the black. Thanks for your comment on my blog....much appreciated ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, a fantastic set of gorgeous creations. My favourite would be hard to chose they are all beautiful in their own way.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marie your creations are absolutely adorable!!!!! Φιλακια

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marie you put me to shame with your silhoutte such fab makes all of them :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you've been very creative again. Wonderful pieces. Love the bright yellow in combination with black.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, these are stunning Marie! I love the frame with the ballerina, and the lantern is beautiful. So creative - you do inspire me to get my Cricut out a bit more! How did you make moulds from silicone, may I ask?

    Take care,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  22. W-O-W. These creations are stunning!!! LOVE that black and yellow card--so incredibly striking! And the lantern is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW is so right! These are all so awesome and well designed! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You and your Silhouette are so clever ... I'd like to see the silhouette do all this on it's own! Not likely my dear. I'm in love with the little stationary set. All absolutely gorgeous. xoDonna (no longer smuggling walnuts).

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW do I sound impressed enough????
    I adore the paper lantern.....your silhouette has been on fire!!!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful creations Marie - you have been busy. I love the lantern.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can see, we are both playing with die cutting these days!! Gorgeous projects, Marie - love this beautiful paper lantern and the intricate stationary!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ότι και να φτιάξεις είναι υπέροχο!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great work, I have a silhouette but not done anything this intricate yet. I love the box frame and the little ballet dancer. Great to have the black pop against the yellow too.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Marie, I'll say here too that I'm in love with the yellow-and-black card, the colours are fantastic and yes, I'm in love with the black flower....

    And the other projects are so great as always... the paper lantern... OMG! I have to play more with my Silhouette! You are an endless inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Marie, Fabulous makes, the black and yellow card is stunning I love that beautiful contrast and your sillouhette makes are inspirational, a wonderful assortment of talent, well done. Big Hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooooh, you've made me blush!! Thank you for saying those lovely things. xx
    What can I say about your makes today that I haven't said before??!! They are AMAZING!! I love the ballerina frame - so unusual!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOWeeeeeeeee fatastic creations, Lurve your card yellow and black is so classy I think.

    Your frame is superb, your note set,- well what can I say - beautiful and as for the lantern, oh! my goodness, you just get betterer and betterer and in just over a year from nothing to genius!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for your lovely comment on my Blog Marie!Thanks for being a follower.I am LOVING doing this book.I get more and more creative ideas as I go along and my halting skills improve.I have only just started this Creative Paper work in the past 3 weeks or so!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my all of these are amazing. Its the little ballerina that is my fav...what a sweet project. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  36. Marie your work is always unique! I love your black and yellow card - not an easy combination to pull off! - and the ballerina frame is beautiful. Your work with the silhouette is absolutely amazing - what a great idea the little stationery set is and the lantern is just stunning! Hope the return of the pokey tool is a painless affair...! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  37. All lovely work Marie! I love the vibrant yellow and black of the first card, but I think the frame is amazing!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are lovely pieces, sometimes it's nice to get carried away don't you think.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW and WOW and WOW! all of these projects are so amazing! the first has such striking colors. The second little dancer is beautiful and lanern is just awesome! love all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love all the projects you made!! The paper frame with the balerina looks very cute, and i adore the stationary set/envelope and the lantern!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! You have been so busy! I love the yellow and black and the rosette is fab, another gorgeous frame and the little stationery set is just so beautiful, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge with your lovely projects - you have been very busy!. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete