Thursday 25 August 2011

Sassy Lil Sketches August 25th Reveal

I'm back !!!!!!!! I hope you missed me as much as I missed you all !!! Since returning from my holidays ten days ago I have been without telephone or internet !!!! . I left the homestead in good hands or so I thought my oldest chick in charge only to find that upon my return I had no means of communication with the outside world .You know how it is , had a great mini break but was looking forward to getting back in the groove and seeing what you had all been up to, but no I was thwarted ! Anyway today after ten days of technicians visiting my home, new routers, modems , modems combined with routers each team blaming the other, numerous phone calls, begging , pleading and near to tears and that was just the technicians I finally am back to normal. What was the problem ...... my phone cable had a loose connection!!!!!!!!! It seems there was a party and a little re arranging of furniture and well those of you who have children can guess the rest, of course this was divulged to me today  after ten days !!

Taking a deep breath and calming my nerves am back just in time for my DT piece for Sassy Lil Sketches August 25th reveal .



What a great sketch and so much fun to work with this is my interpretation....



Used my Silhouette to cut out the branch and the bird image, then embossed it and both birds with Tim Holtz embossing folders and used a little distress ink to give it a little colour and depth. Made a little nest for my birdie with leaves and twigs and stamped on some seam binding for the sentiment. Added a few little seed pearls to give the impression of eggs in the nest and used glossy accents to weld it all together.

Do pop over to  Sassy Lil Sketches to see what the other talented DT members have come up with to inspire us who knows you could be one of our lucky winners this month.


Our August Card Sponsor is

My Favorite Things
Just Delightful Clear Stampshttp://www.mftstamps.com/
Cards must be uploaded  by September 5th, 11:59 P.M. EST to be eligible for the August random prize drawing*.

Specific rules for both Sassy Lil' Sketches site can be found on our Sassy Lil' Sketches "Rules" page.


The week was not all gloom and doom I was lucky enough to win Crystal Clears Hands Across the World blog give away a little while ago and yesterday I received my prize all the way from America

I have to say this photo does not do this beautiful piece of art justice it is absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy to have been lucky enough to win such an inspiring piece of art . Thank you so much Crystal for this and you can rest assured that it will be treasured always. For those of you who are not familiar with Crystal blog then I assure you you are missing out , not only is she one talented artist but she has a fabulous sense of humour do pop over you wont be dissapointed.


Just thought I would leave you with a few bits and pieces that I played about with while I was disconnected !!!








Will try to catch up in the next few days and visit you all , I have missed my lovely blogging friends so much and would like to thank those of you who sent me emails asking if  I was OK ,  I truly appreciate your concern and it is so nice to be missed , but have to say you must all be gluttons for punishment !!

Marie

46 comments:

  1. Wondered where you had been and so glad to know you are well and back in Blogland.

    Thanks for sharing some of your quite unique and wonderful creations. Look forward to seeing you back in challenge land very soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kαλή επιστροφή!!!!τι να προτωθαυμάσω?το ένα καλύτερο από τ' άλλο!!!όλα υπέροχα!!!μας έλειψαν οι δημιουργίες σου!!!καλημέρα!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie they are amazing!
    I fell in love with the bird nest!
    What a creative way to use Tim's on the edge die!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of loveliness! Love the picture from Crystal, too. Next time you go on vacation, you'd better lock the kids or the telephone up! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what an amazing collection of work - love the first image with the bird and nest...fab take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ότι έφτιαξες ειναι καταπηκτικό! Βλέπω η έμπνευσή σου δε σε εγκατέλειψε στιγμή, χιχι! Όχι ότι δεν εντυπωσιάστηκα με τις υπόλοιπες αλλά η πρώτη κάρτα ειναι η αγαπημένη μου...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Marie! So glad toy are back! Fabulous creations . Love the first card and the last album the most! Well done! Hugs, Xenia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thwarted! Oh No! I just hate when thwarted happens. :o) Glad you are back. We have missed you two. Such a lovely variety of work you have shared with us today. Your challenge card is gorgeous. All the others too. I'm in love with the diamond paper piece ... G O R G E O U S. Being without internet is downright scary. The feeling of disconnection I get when it happens is amazing. Who knew! It should not be allowed. Hope you have a great day DD. Take care. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Καλημέρα και χρόνια πολλά εκ των υστέρων! Είναι όλα καταπληκτικά!!!! Έχεις ταλέντο και πολύ καλό γούστο και σε ευχαριστούμε για τις υπεροχές ιδέες σου!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh hun wondered were you have,been as not like you to leave it so long to post really missed seeing your creations pop up on my dash board and wow have you come back with some stunning things here just love the way you have used Time,die cuts to create that book brilliant,love that bird nest,and the rest are well amazing you are so talented hun and such an inspiration,hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes a loose connection that would do it and why would anyone expect a technician to look for that! Welcome home and congratulations on your WIN wonderful piece of art.

    Glorious pieces as we have all come to expect from you the pictures just got better and better XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. wellcome back!!!we miss you!!all are wonderfuls!!you are real artist!!!welldone!!have a nice day!!!kisses****

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Marie. Lovely to see you back. Fabulous work as always. Congrats on your win.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your take on the Sassy Sketch...very pretty. Your other creations are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it scary how cut off we feel when we've no access to the internet. Whatever did we do 'in the olden days'! Love the bird in it's nest and the little scrapbook and a fabulous gift from America. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful work Marie! Glad you enjoyed your vacation...too bad you came home to some connection problems. It's always something small that causes these things. I am so loving that nest! Have a great day and thanks for all the sweet comments! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of beautiful work here - I love the birds nest.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's sooooo good to have you back!!!
    Gorgeous work you are sharing with us. Those birdies are so adorable.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  19. you SLS card is one of my most favorite cards EVER! I love all the texture, the nest and ah... beautiful! The other projects you posted are gorgeous, too! Beautiful work! Sometimes it's good to not be connected, but glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marie, ten days is a long time to be disconnected. We had server problems from Sunday through Tuesday - 3 days - and I felt completely isolated from the blogging community. So glad you are back and doing beautiful art. The birds are just precious, but I also love what you did while you were in isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job on the sketch. you really took the inspiration and ran with it. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great to see you and your wonderful creations back in blogland. Kids, who would have them...lol Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back Marie :). hope the offending ears were well and truly clipped lol
    Love your interpretation of the sketch :) those birds are adorable
    Hugs Von x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Marie, Good to see you back, kids????? Wouldn't you just know it was something simple?
    Great cards here today, the birds card is lots of beautiful texture and I love the leaves. I really like the Book with the TH edge die gorgeous and the cards are all really innovative:0) It's great to have you back, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, WOW!! Everything is stunning Marie - I don't know how you think of these designs!!!

    Kids!!!! I'll never forget the first time I went away and left the two lads at home!!! Rachel, Kev and the girls had a fab time in Kos and everyone remembered them from last time we went 5 years ago! Looking forward to us all going next year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marie καλησπέρα και Χρόνια Πολλά με υγεία, χαρά και πολλές δημιουργίες! Είσαι όπως πάντα τρομερή έμπνευση με τις τόσο πρωτότυπες δημιουργίες σου. Είναι όλες υπέροχες και η κάρτα με τη φωλιά έχει τόσες τεχνικές! Συγχαρητήρια για το βραβείο, είναι πολύ όμορφο. Να είσαι καλά και γεμάτη χαρά!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, great cards and projects, can't believe it is 10 days, I wondered where you were. You are very clever.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marie, what great projects! Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Καλημέρα Μαίρη μου!!! Χρόνια σου πολλά... και καλώς ήρθες πάλι κοντά μας!!! Απο τις δημιουργίες σου δεν ξέρω τι να πρωτοθαυμάσω, σίγουρα όμως λάτρεψα την πρώτη σου καρτούλα!!! Σε φίλώ γλυκά!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Αγαπημενη μου Marie φυσικα και μας ελειψες!!!
    δεν ξερω τι να πρωτοσχολιασω απο αυτα που εφτιαξες!!!!ειναι ολα τελεια αλλα η πρωτη καρτα με τη φωλιτσα.....την αγαπησα!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ΥΓ. σου εστειλα μειλ αλλα δεν μπορει να παραδοθει και δεν ξερω γιατι...

    ReplyDelete
  31. glad to visit this post again...I do adore your flowers....is that a die cut? take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Marie, nice to see you back. What lovely pieces you've made! You've made me feel sooo much better now about leaving my 17 yr old daughter (and a friend) for 11 days while I go to Crete :-/, lol. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Πάντα καταφέρνεις να με εκπλήσεις με τις τσαχπινιές σου!!!
    Καλό φθινόπωρο!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are gorgeous Marie! We have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks so much for stopping over to my blog and your sweet comments! Your artwork is amazing! I'm so happy to "meet" you!
    Take care and have a super weekend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Marie,
    I hope you had a great vacation!! Such beauties you have created and the hands are a gorgeous gift. Welcome back!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a amazing collection of Art. This all is stunning. And of course welcome back in Blogland.
    Have a nice weekend and greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous artwork, I really love the bird's nest, great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your creative talent is amazing!! Your interpretation of the sketch - the birds´ nest is stunning! Ilove this project!!!
    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, wow, wow.... I'm missing words, your project are really wonderful, all these fantastic details. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Marie what a wonderful work! i loved the first card with the birds! everything looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lots and lots of lovliness here for us to drool over. Glad you got sorted with your communications.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I don't believe it! I'm just back-tracking to catch up with your posts ... I've been a bit tardy of late ... and we've both made a piece with the word 'family' as the sentiment. I haven't posted mine yet, will be doing that tomorrow, but how's that for coincidence. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats on your win! These creations are all just wonderful! The one for SLS is my favorite...absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  45. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL full of pure creativeness, I love all you have done.

    I think I would have had the most enormous withdrawal symptoms if I had to go without my computer for all that time. BUT you still were able to create fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow I see so many stunning projects here!!

    ReplyDelete