Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Get Creative and Once Upon A Sketch United !!!!

Its the 1st of the month and do we have a surprise for you ! Get Creative and Once Upon A Sketch have decided to swap places this month I will let Nadia and Irini the two blog owners explain :


We have a suprise for you this month!!
ready???
Nadia Cannizzo and I (Irini) brainstormed one day
and came up with the idea of
partnering up our challenge blogs


i.e Once Upon A.... Sketch team up with Get Creative


We will be sister blogs for the month of February
the twist is the


 Once Upon A ...Sketch Design team 
will be featuring their gorgeous creations here  on Get Creative
using sketches from our very own


Elina katechi
and 
the Get Creative Design team will be featuring their fabulous creations
over at
Once Upon A...Sketch......


How it will work:
Over here at Get Creative we will have
2 challenges this month
on the 1st and the 15th of February
you can interpret this sketch into a card or layout
The February 1st sketch challenge will run 
until midnight  February 14th
 so upload your layout or card to the side bar by then.
 The winner will be chosen by the 
Once Upon A...Sketch design team
This is the sketch that the Once Upon A Sketch team followed over on the Get Creative blog




This was the sketch for Once upon a Sketch and this is what Nadia ask us to follow

February 1st Challenge
Journalling Criteria/theme: LOVE
February 14th is Valentines Day here in Australia and in many parts of the world. For this challenge we would like you to create a project about the one MALE you love. And we do not mean just your partner or spouse. We mean any male in your life. 
Ideas for journalling: You could journal about the love you have for your son, father, grandfather or a special person in your life or any pet.
Remember that you are allowed to also create a card or altered project based on this sketch and instead of the journalling criteria you need to use a quote. 
You must combine our journalling criteria/theme with this sketch
I have made a mini album. The image is by Hero Arts and has been printed onto silk, I frayed the edges for a more shabby look but due to poor lighting you cant see it as usual. !I made my rosette using the TH die and  the black circle is made from foam rubber and cut with a Marianne die. I chose my dog Bailey as the object of my love as there are three grown up men in this house and didn't want to have a row on my hands !

Thought I would leave you with a shot of Rosy my other doglett who I know reads my blog and she will be heartbroken if she is left out !

 We do hope you will join us this month at Get Creative and and Once upon a Sketch why not pop over and check out the outstanding work by both design teams even I was flabbergasted !

Wishing you all a wonderful day

Take care 

Marie

36 comments:

  1. Wonederful interupition of the sketch Marie but what's this no glitter or flakes this week lol
    Take care now
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. No Von am still de blinging the mutts !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your take on the sketch and brilliant words... Hope you are all OK, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love the album cover .. what a fab image and perfect sentiment .. and Rosy is just gorgeous ..i hope she gets an album too.. she deserves one!
    Hope you are well
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea, to use the sketch as inspiration for an album cover! Of course, the highlight is the print on the silk - I would never think to do something like that, nor would I be able to actually do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, such an excellent album cover, I love the idea that you chose your dog (I chose my cat, hehehe). I agree with Melenia, the highlight is the print on the silk, excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your album, the colour combination is stunning and the details are fabulous.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about this but aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Rosy is totally adorable...bless her ickle heart xx
    Back to the crafting now....wonderful take on the sketch - such a beautiful album cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you have done with this Marie. Hope you are having a good week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous use of the sketch and what a little cutie Rosie is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Marie, Rosy is so sweet and adorable! Your album cover looks amazing! Printed on silk!!! How creative! And your words on the front are sooooo true!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow Hun this is just brilliant love your take on that sketch,and as for your dog he is just adorable hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. καλο μηνα..χαρα και αγαπη..η συνθεση αυτο βγαζει..νασαι καλα..πανεμορφη δουλεια..καλη συνεχεια..πολλες αγκαλιες..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great album cover Marie, I love the image and your dog is so sweet.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your sketchbook! All the components are perfect together. Rosy looks a little distraught - is she crying? The stamp from Hero Arts works perfectly does it not. Take care and thanks so much for dropping by my blog. You always make me smile. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marie
    I absolutely love that cover, the image and sentiment.
    Then again who couldn't love Rosy. Was she having a bad day, she looks in need of a hug so please tell her that I packaged up a hug and sending it Airmail to her!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great stuff as usual! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good evening Dora! What a fabulous album cover for your dog!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab mini album and your dog looks so sweet
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous album cover Marie; love the rosette! Rosy looks a bit jealous to me - where's her album?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cover and sentiment, I miss my Jess even after 4 years, but hubby says no dog can replace her so no more dogs :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Marie!!! Well done! Love your B&W cover! All you need is... DOG and this sweet picture of one of yours - isn't it cool? Sending you lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well you lost me slightly on the blog swops but that's not hard to do but your project is great and I totally aprove your choice of your love.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous Marie!!Love the sentiment,love the picture!Fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful. I am so pleased you created a mini album. Its a nice change from layouts that usually people create with my sketches LOL! THANK YOU for a being a Guest Designer at OUAS :) Your work is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Marie, this is gorgeous, I love the image and little Rosy is so cute! Really sorry I didn't get to enter your challenge in January, (one of the reasons being one very demanding daughter - to be continued). Never done a sketch before, so might try this one :-) Take care, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Marie this is just absolutely GORGEOUS! Loved it the minute I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh wow.. just gorgeous cover. Love the b&w! the silouette is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card, Marie! Love the look on your little guys face :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cover and loved the idea of printing on silk!
    Rosy is adorable and Christofer(my son) wants to meet her and play together!:D
    Take care.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  31. :D Thanks for the big smile on my face, your album looks wonderful, but the photo of your dog rocks :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. I want to see the entire album!!! It's lovely! And your doggie, how cute! We had a brindle English Bulldog, now we have a white and brindle baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aw Rosy looks as if she is about to cry. She is so cute.
    Do we get to see the album in its altogetherness? Please!
    Hugs, Neet (is that a word or have I made it up?) xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Marie, I hope all is well with you over there - the coverage in the news here has been giving cause for concern. Love your album cover - the flower is fabulous. Oh, and Rosy is just too cute :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete